Harrisville Fire Station

The Harrisville Fire Station stands at the corner of Callahan School Street and Harrisville Main Street on a plot of land was formerly the home of the Harrisville Grammar School, which was razed in 1968 so that the station could be erected. The school was in operation from 1902 until 1957, when it was replaced by the Austin T. Levy School on Harrisville Main Street. The Fire station was built in 1970 and was renovated in 1997. The renovation project added a brick facing to the structure, in order to blend with the historic buildings of Harrisville Center.

Station Layout

1 Meeting Room

2 Apparatus Bay

3 Deputy Chief/Captain

4 Communications

5 Chief's Office

6 Foyer

7 Locker Room

8 Forestry 2 Bay

9 Engineer's Room

10Generator Room